- On August 29, 2018
When you’re planning your big romantic day, one of the most important choices you’ll make is choosing the wedding venue. A venue sets the tone for your day, so you want to find a venue that suits you and your partner perfectly! So what questions can you ask to make sure the most important day of your life goes off without a hitch?
10 Questions To Ask When Touring A Wedding Venue
• What dates do you have available? Although this is an obvious one, it’s so important to make sure your venue has your desired date available before you plan all the other details around your dream location.
• What kinds of restrictions do you have? Some venues have restrictions on the type of decor and alcohol you can have, as well as noise limits.
• Do you allow indoor and outdoor ceremonies? Whether you are dreaming of a romantic outdoor ceremony or pining for a classic indoor wedding, make sure your venue has the space for your plans.
• Do you have a separate space for the cocktail hour? If you would like to have a cocktail hour for the time between the ceremony and reception, ask your vendor if they have an appropriate space.
• How much is your deposit and what is the payment schedule? These questions are critical to making sure you stay on budget.
• How long will we have access to the venue? Need to set up early or want to have an all-day affair? Ask your venue if they can accommodate!
• What amenities does your venue offer? Wedding events often require things such as microphones, A/V, catering, etc… – check to see if your venue provides these or if you need to hire outside vendors.
• Can we hold the ceremony and reception in the same venue? If you want to save time, money, and effort, having your ceremony and reception at the same venue is a great option. Ask the venue if they can accommodate both!
• Are candles allowed? Many venues require candles be in a votive or other sort of candle holder to ensure there are no open flames. Be sure to ask your venue what their candle policy is!
• Can we bring our dog for our pictures? If you have a fur baby, then you probably want them to be a part of your big day, ask your venue how to make this happen!
Are you searching “wedding venues near me” online constantly to find your perfect location? Finding a venue can be hard, but if you are searching for the most dreamy wedding venues in the Twin Cities, look no further than Green Acres Event Center. We offer top-notch amenities, a gorgeous venue, and quality service (and we welcome your fur children!). To book your special day at Green Acres, simply contact us, and we will work hard to ensure your day is a smashing success!